Occupational Therapy at APTOW
Several conditions can affect everyday functionality. While physical therapy helps you to move, occupational therapy helps you to accomplish daily tasks despite limitations. When fine motor skills are challenged, OT supports a patient by adapting the environment to fit their needs.
APTOW's Occupational Therapist, Holly Lehman, works with pediatric, adult, and senior patients. On any given day Holly could be helping a child with a disability to participate fully in school and social situations, helping people recovering from injury to regain certain skills, and providing support for older adults experiencing physical and cognitive changes.
Holly believes in individual care. That's why she meets with her patients one-on-one, using the patients remaining strengths to promote independence.
Occupational Therapy services at APTOW include:
- Customized treatment programs to improve one's ability to perform daily activities
- Comprehensive home and job site evaluations with adaptation recommendations
- Performance skills assessments and treatment
- Adaptive equipment recommendations and usage training
- Guidance to family members and caregivers
Conditions/Injuries that can be treated through OT:
- Fracture of the Arm, Wrist, Hand
- Generalized Weakness
- Cognitive Impairments (TBI)
- Neurological Disorders
- Parkinson's Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Cerebral Palsy
- Overuse Disorders
- Carpal Tunnel
- Tennis/Golfer's Elbow
- Developmental Delay