1.6 million to 3.8 million concussions occur each year.
- Football is the most common sport with concussion risk for males (75% chance for concussion)
- Soccer is the most common sport with concussion risk for females (50% chance for concussion)
- 78% of concussions occur during games as opposed to practices.
Symptoms = Headache (85%) and Dizziness (70-80%) are the most commonly reported symptoms immediately following concussions.
- Impact speed of professional boxers punch = 20mph
- Impact speed of football player tackling stationary player = 25mph
- Impact speed of soccer ball being kicked by a player = 70mph
- Impact speed of baseball being thrown = 100+mph
A professional football player will receive an estimated 900-1500 blows to the head during a season.
An estimated 47% of athletes do NOT report feeling any symptoms after a concussive blow.